Together Wee Can


     Today, has been a humdrum day.  The surprise snow last night, and cold morning today, allowed for a grumpy morning.  My granddaughter didn't want to wear her winter coat, hat or mittens.  She did, however, much to her disappointment...until she stepped outside.   By then, she was happy I suggested them.
     My husband is still suffering with his sore knee, as well as our bank account.  He has always gone to work, and rarely missed any days.  This has been a painful week for him, and myself.  No work equals no money.  He is worried, I am not.
     We have experienced this before, and we have come out the other side intact.  Maybe a bit humbler and thinner, but that's life.
     We were on our way to do our taxes, and my husband was still fretting.  Our grandson was jabbering away in the back, as my husband was jabbering away in the front.  I found it amusing, both of them on opposite ends of the excitement spectrum.   Me, always in my bubble, thought I heard a familiar song.  I turned up the radio.  I did recognize it.  It was our wedding song.   I turned and looked at my husband and took his hand.  He looked at me and smiled.   We listened to that familiar song that we had danced to on the day of our marriage.   We heard the verse:
 On this road, that lies before us,
Live the love, the joy and sorrow.
But we will always try to remember-
The pain today,  is the joy tomorrow.
Just hearing that verse, made me know everything was going to be OK.   I have been praying for resolution to our circumstances.  This was God showing me He was still taking care of us.  My husband and I laughed, at the particular verse we happened to hear at that moment.   The part where Joey Gregorash sings the pain today, is the joy tomorrow.   My husband kissed my hand and said "Well baby, we're in for a lot of joy!"
     It was great to see my husband laugh.  For the past week, I hadn't even seen him crack a smile.  He is so handsome when he smiles.   He was looking particularly handsome at that moment.
     Had we known, almost twenty seven years ago, we would have so much unpleasantness, we probably would have run the other way.  We always used to joke that we would live on love.  We realizeld fairly quickly that money helps.
     These days, there hasn't been much money, so we're back to living on love.
My husband had his income tax completed, and he's getting a little windfall.  That will certainly help.  My husband was feeling better, which made me feel better.
     Our life lately, has become an exercise in patience and understanding.  Things could be better, but they could be worse.  This is now our life, for the time being.
     Thankfully, we have been able to look at our circumstances with a sense of humour, forgiveness and lots of love.  There are days, however when our sense of humour is  a little thin, and our patience is even thinner.  Most days, things go along smoothly, well, there are still ripples but overall the children are happy and we are exhausted, but we're together, together.
This is the song my husband and I first danced to.
Together- The New Wedding Song
By Joey Gregorash
https://youtu.be/DBAfucyuZ50


Comments

Popular Posts