Have You Met Bunny, The Spider?

     Yesterday, my husband and I took our grandchildren to buy sand for their sandbox.   My grandson, thought everyone of my planters was his personal dirt factory.   Between he and Torro using one for his litter box, my flowers will never stand a chance to survive.   The weeds between my patio stones however, they're thriving.
     My grandchildren were thrilled with the new sand, and I was excited not to have to chase my grandson around the yard yelling "No!"  everytime he scooped dirt out onto my patio yet again.
     It was hot yesterday, so my husband dragged the pool out for them to splash around in and cool off.  It was dirty after sitting behind our garage all winter.   The pressure washer came out of the garage for this job.  My husband obviously thought this was a big job.  I plugged it in as he pulled the trigger.  Wow!  That pressure washer worked great.  So well in fact that I didn't have to haul out my scrubber and break my back for thirty minutes, scraping off the previous years guck.  It took less than five minutes.  Dirt and guck went flying, leaving the pool clean and sparkling.  My brain began churning.  If I use this in the house, my cleaning chores would be cut down to one hour.  How can I make this work I asked myself.
     True, I would have water pooling and dripping from everything.  I would need to put some drainage holes in strategic places to rid the water.  It could work...and well.
I continued to fantasize about easy cleaning, I was in my own kind of nirvana.  I could hear my granddaughter let out a shriek, which brought me crashing back  to reality.  A spider, had crossed her path.  Of course, my husband was nowhere to be seen.  My granddaughter had learned my spider dance very well, and my grandson was crunching down looking at it saying "Awe." like he was seeing a cute puppy.  Oh my word, I thought.  He then picked it up and the spider was then  crawling on his arm!  My eyes began to roll back into my head, I was going to surly faint.
 I needed to rescue my grandson from this feindish beast with fangs.
      I tried nonchalantly to tell my grandson to brush the spider off of his arm.  He looked at me and said "No."  He must have seen the shocked look on my face, because he ran toward me, roaring.  "Hey!  Spiderman is a good guy!  He doesn't chase old ladies with huge monsters baring fangs."  He was directly in front of me, as he gently pulled the spider from his arm, stretching it out in my direction.  He wanted to put it on me!  A scream escaped my lips, as I ran around the yard.  I made Jessie Owens look like a slug.  My granddaughter, ran into the house and locked the door, she left me out there with my maniacal grandson and his pet.  I coudn't keep running, so I turned and faced my grandson.  His little face usually adorable, was screwed up into a scary face and he was still growling.  The spider?  It was no longer in his fingers.  It escaped.  I relaxed and knocked on the door, convincing my granddaughter it was safe to come out.  She opened the door a crack as I explained to her that her brother had dropped the spider.  Upon hearing this, she came out and my grandson, began to cry.  He was searching everywhere asking "Bunny, where are you?"  Apparently, I need to show him a real bunny, he's a  bit confused with the long ears and cotton tail.
     The rest of the day went smoothly, but my grandson, and myself kept a look out for his bunny.
     I think the pressure washer idea in the house is a no go.  Drainage holes would definitely alow the water out, but it would allow bunnies in.  I don't like bunnies.



Comments

  1. Damn, what a story to tell. Spider bunnies are some scare creatures :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts