We'll Take A Cup Of Kindness Yet For Auld Lang Syne...

     On Monday morning, at midnight, we will say goodbye to 2017, and welcome to 2018.  I, for one, will be happy to say farewell to this year.  It hasn't been all bad, but if I were asking for a good year for wine, 2017 would not be one I would like to try.
     Many people will make a New Year resolution(s), and most will fail.  Why? Not because they don't want to succeed, I'm sure they do.  Most, just don't dedicate themselves to the hard work required to truly change, or their resolutions were too unrealistic to achieve.
     This year, my resolution is to make no resolution.  That's right, none, zero, nada, zilch.  I could eat less carbohydrates, and saturated fats, I could exercise more, make my bed every day, or, save more money.  Who knows, perhaps I will do all of them, but I'm not going to resolve myself to accomplish them.
     I will however, work harder at being more kind, compassionate, and forgiving to people that hurt me.  I will not do it for them, but for myself.  I only hurt my own self if I choose to be cruel and unkind.  I will work on these things for 2018.  Kind of a pay-it-forward type of lifestyle.  Something we all should do.  Imagine the positivity we would have.  I enjoy helping people, it's a better high than any drug.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, said "The purpose of life is not to be happy.  It is to be useful, to be honourable,to be compassionate, to have it make a difference that you have lived and lived well." 
     So, the countdown is on to the new year, champagne will be poured, hugs and kisses will be given, a chorus of Happy New Year will be yelled out, not to mention sing the sentimental song Auld Lang Syne for bygone days, and days to come.  My grandma used to tell us to get the bible, close our eyes, open it up and point at the first verse we came to.  That verse was something we should personally try to live up to for the next three hundred and sixty five days.  Let me tell you, the book of Leviticus is very hard to live up to!
     Whatever your plans to usher in this new year, may you be safe, wise, sweet and a little bit kinder...to yourself and others.  See you next year!

Here is a link to Auld Lang Syne...enjoy and Happy New Year!
https://youtu.be/pWK1AP1Jpco

Comments

Popular Posts