Piece Or Peace..It's Up To You

     Superiority, is defined as the state of being superior.  A supercilious manner or attitude.
     This holier than thou attitude, is difficult to live up to, and even harder to live with.   I have been told, that because I don't respond to someone talking at me, therefore I'm not communicating.
     Personally, I need to process information before I respond.  Talking to someone doesn't necessarily mean you are communicating.   Some people like to blather on an on, thinking they're full of wisdom and superiority.  When in fact, they're just a bag of hot air.
     True, talking is a form of communication, but so is listening.  I believe listening has become a lost art.  Everyone feels the need to express their feelings.  I don't believe it's always necessary to enlighten everybody with your view.   Personally, I think we would all be better off if we didn't always share our feelings.  That old adage, I'm going to give him/her a piece of my mind is nothing more than directing your anger at someone in particular.
     There are times when each one of us are angry.  Perhaps for a legitimate reason, perhaps simply because we are simply in a bad mood.   When this occurs, the only views expressed will be negative.   This never turns out to be a positive conversation.   Constructive criticism is not guaranteed.
     Peace is defined as freedom from disturbance, quiet, freedom from war or violence.  John Lennon, sang Give peace a chance.
     Wars have all started because people want something they can't or shouldn't have.  Harsh words are usually spoken, threats are made, and war is declared.  War is war, whether in world politics, neighbourhoods, or in relationships.
      My husband prefers to talk out everything.   I do not.   I prefer to listen and sort the details out in my head.  When I do choose to talk, it's short and to the point.  I don't pussy foot around.  I have been told I am harsh with my words.  Maybe I am.  I don't try to be unkind, just direct.
     That being said, when I don't want to talk, but someone pushes me, then they get what they get.  Even a rattlesnake will shake his tail in warming, before they bite.
     Opinions come a dime a dozen, and we all have them.  However, they don't always help.  Silence really is golden.  Once an opinion is said, it can't be unsaid.  Words spoken in anger or just because someone feels it is their right to express it, usually ends badly.
     Sometimes to choose silence, is to choose peace.  Talking isn't always communicating,



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts