Living It Up To The Partridge Family

     Yesterday, my husband had to go back to work after enjoying four days home with all of us.  I know it was difficult for him to walk out the door and leave.  It was hard for me to kiss him goodbye, I enjoyed having him here.
     Even though it was back to normal for my husband, my granddaughter was still enjoying another eleven days off from school.  So, my afternoon was full of crafts, sticker books, reading new books, singing, dancing, and making dinner...all of this between one thirty and five pm.
      After a dinner of turkey leftovers, I turned on the television.   My grandchildren, have discovered  a new show that they really enjoy.  Actually, it's not so much the whole show, rather than the first ninety seconds of it.   This new found favourite is none other than the seventies sitcom The Partridge Family!  Yup, my grandchildren go crazy over the opening song, Come On Get Happy.  As Shirley Jones and David Cassidy begin to sing and the animated egg breaks open, my granddaughter and grandson are dancing around my living room, singing "Come On Get Happy!" at the top of their lungs, and surprisingly on key!  I have learned from past experience, to record an episode on my PVR so I can replay it over and over again, about ten times.
     I can't blame them, I get caught up in it too, David Cassidy in his prime is always a pleasure to watch!  Unfortunately, they don't think as much of the actual show, unless a song is thrown in.  I am regaled with "Again! Again Grandma, again!" That's code for rewind it to the beginning.   My son came downstairs during our impromptu jam, and began dancing with us, but then asked "What are we listening to?"  When I told him, he was still none the wiser.  Being born in 1991, he wasn't familiar with tv sitcoms from the seventies.  Regardless, he still danced around and sang with our screaming little banshees.
When he mistakenly sang the wrong lyrics, both of my grandchildren were quick to educate him with the correct words!  It was quite a sight, and it made me smile.  I was quick to realize it truly is the little things in life that matter, and no amount of money, or gifts from Santa could ever replace this!
     So, in the words of The Partridge Family, "Come On Get Happy!"
Here is a link to the theme song from The Partridge Family...I hope you get as much enjoyment from it as we do! Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/lT2T49yP2ew

Comments

Popular Posts