The Wonderful World of Animals

     I watched part of a nature show yesterday afternoon, actually only about 3 minutes of it in between washing my floors.  There was a pretty red fox, nose to the ground, tracking something.   Usher, was narrating and he was telling how red foxes can track prey through 3 feet of snow, dirt, anything.  I continued to watch the fox, mostly because I think they are adorable!  She was purposefully walking, nose to the snow, but I couldn't see what she was trying to get, then all of a sudden she stopped, propelled her body into the air, then dove into the snow face first.  Her tail, hind legs and part of her torso were the only things visible!  I thought for sure she was stuck, but just as suddenly as she plunged into the snow, she jumped back out, mole in her mouth!  It was impressive, without a doubt!  I find grocery shopping challenging!  Although, during an in store special, I have been known to dive into the throes of shoppers when necessary.
     I had to finish washing my floors, and in the interim, the show was over.  My husband was complimentary, not to my hard work, but, about the program he just finished.  He said "That was really interesting, I like how it was done".
     Disappointed I had missed it, and deciding I had done enough cleaning for the day, I slumped into a chair.  I asked my husband what the name of the program was.  After consulting the guide, we found it was called Hello World.  
     I was in the process of Googling the series, when another one started, this time with Christina Aguilera narrating.
     I loved it!  She was comparing her boys to young mountain goats, and her parenting style to Mother Nature.  In the background, her song Light Up the Sky was playing.
     The concept of this 6 part mini series is to educate and entertain through nature.   Terry Macko, Senior VP and Marketing  at WWF, said  "This program is a hopeful  message that bridges generations to inspire conservationists at any age".
   Regardless of what the creators of this show want us to think, these .animals teach us simply, how adversity makes us more resilient to problems everyday life throws at us.  They don't waste their time or energy on worry or negative thoughts.  They do what needs to be done for survival.
     We can learn a lot from animals.
Here is a link to a 5 minutes preview.
   http://www.worldwildlife.org/pages/hello-worldWWF Hello World

Comments

Popular Posts