♡♡ Lego Love ♡♡

     After being married for 26 years, I still love my husband.   When my husband and I began our relationship, there was a lot of whispering and betting on how long we would last.  Then, when we became engaged, tongues were flapping once more.  We heard rumblings that we wouldn't last a year, yet here we are, 26 years later and still going strong.
     When we began our relationship, my husband was an outgoing,  warm, friendly extrovert.  I, was a quiet, shy, friendly introvert.  We seemed an unlikely couple, but, like 2 opposite poles of a magnet, we continue to be drawn to one another.  After being together for 26 years, we know each other's triggers and try to avoid them, that being said, sometimes it's too late, and the landslide just can't be stopped.  When the proverbial s**t hits the fan, we try to be respectful of each other's feelings.   I must say, my husband is a saint!  He doesn't hold a grudge, and when he finally climbs into bed, he ALWAYS kisses me and tells me he loves me.   I go to bed and conspire to suffocate him in his sleep until I settle down.  I am NOT a saint!
     My husband has his hobbies and the things he enjoys, as do I, and,
we have things we like to do together as a couple.  We never run out of things to say to each other, whether funny stories or what bills need to be paid.
      I try to take my husband his dinner every night at work.  I could pack it for him and send it with him of course, but, we both enjoy the visit, on the old rickety picnic table outside his work.  We sit, he eats and we tell each other how our afternoon has been.  I have so many people tell me how crazy I am for doing this, others say it's a waste of time and gas.  I guess it is a waste in theory,  but I do not live in theory.   I live in the here...with my beloved husband, and the now...outside, enjoying the sunshine and the fresh air.  For 30 minutes, we turn off the outside world and reconnect, if only for that short time.  Like a battery, we are charged up and revitalized.   We are each other's breath!
     We aren't perfect, my husband rarely brings me flowers, and I rarely give him the hot sex he would love.  However, we give one another balance, he is my ying and I am his yang.  Together, we make up a complete unit, no he or I, only us.
     We have always joked we could sleep on a twin bed, because we are locked together in an intimate sleep embrace.  We are connected by our arms, legs, hands, anything that can fit together.   We are a Lego couple, and that's OK with us!   If one of us is away for the night, neither of us can sleep very well.  When we are without each other, we are always searching for that cozy, feeling of being loved.  Sex has nothing to do with our sleeping arrangement, it's about the intimate bond that my husband and I share.  That being said,  I am sure my husband would love some more hot, wild sex, but in reality, that doesn't always happen.
     The other night, we were out having fun with some friends, it was late and I was exhausted.   I wanted to go to sleep.   My husband had other ideas.... I said I was too tired and my husband, asked me what I would like.  I said dreamily, half asleep,  "Just rub my legs and feet until I go to sleep".  He did just that!  Tenderly and softly, he rubbed my calves and feet until I was asleep.  It was a beautiful, gesture of love from my husband to me!  He probably wasn't as fulfilled as I was, at least not physically,  but he told me the next morning he was able to fall asleep quickly and easily after he had massaged me into la la land.  "Just knowing you were comfortable and sleeping here beside me, made me happy and content to sleep myself".  We did sleep, both of us, that deep, wonderful sleep when the one you love is laying beside you.
     Last weekend was for me honey, maybe this weekend will be for you!  Wink wink!  One can wish!

Comments

Popular Posts