What's In A Name?

     I must apologize for not posting any blogs for the past few days.  I have been approached by someone to help write a mystery novel.  If I get the job of writing, I believe I will be called a Ghost Writer.  I have been called worse.
      I have only been writing my blog for a year.  I have 40,000 page views.  I don't understand the whole stat page, but I think that is very impressive for a fifty two year old grandma with  no previous writing experience.  I believe the only reason for my audience is due to my life experiences, with a little bit of humour thrown in for good measure.
     I received an email on Monday, with an outline of a mystery.  This individual, has been following my blog, and thought I might be helpful to bring his idea to fruition.  My curiosity was certainly piqued if nothing else.  I spent most of Wednesday researching legal aspects of being a Ghost Writer.
     I wouldn't get the credit for my work.  No noteriety, or fame, and that is just fine with me.  I don't write for those reasons.  I write for myself, and because others have expressed their appreciation, and enjoyment for doing so.  I don't need to be  Stephen King, or Margaret Atwood.  I already have a pen name so...why not?
     After consideration, I have decided to send in an outline of my ideas.  I have nothing to lose other than my time.   Maybe this is the opportunity I have been looking for.  Time will surly tell.  I love reading mysteries!  So the possibility of creating one, with a side of humour, sounds like the perfect combination, and I belive I am up for the challenge.
     This coming Sunday is Mother's Day.  It will be a day for celebrating mother's everywhere.  Families will be raising their glasses, toasting all the mothers in their life.   Cheers to all of you brave and selfless souls, and cheers to me!  May we all have a blessed year to come, and may I find mystery and intrigue with my everyday crazy life.
   

Comments

Popular Posts