My 20 Minute Workout In 2 Hours

     Being as my flu seems to be subsiding, I thought I would attempt a few minutes on my stationary bike.
     I grunted, groaned, I was huffing and puffing, and that was just to put my socks on.  Okay, I guess I'm not ready for the bike just yet.  I felt like I needed to do...something.  For the first time in almost a week, I wasn't exhausted, so I desperately wanted to take this opportunity to do some sort of exercise.
     I decided that pulling out my furniture and scrubbing everything would probably be enough for today.  I would feel good about moving around and a good cleaning wouldn't hurt either.  I picked up things that over the past week, had been strewn all over.  I finished packing up the rest of the fall decorations, and boxed them up, pushing them out in the hall.  In an hour, I had everything off the floor, my sectonal, and vacuumed behind it, and under all the cushions.  I decided, a good spray of homemade cinnamon room spray, and things were looking and smelling better.
     I thought I might like a cup of coffee, I hadn't had any in almost a week, so I was looking forward to a hot cup while taking a break.   As my Keurig was brewing my coffee, I couldn't help but notice it made the same sounds as I was.  "Oh my, my intestines are brewing something too!"
     The coffee, was wonderful, and I enjoyed it for about 5 minutes, until my belly, so rudely expelled it from my body.  "Okay, I guess coffee is still a no go.  So, ginger tea it still is for me.  I'm really getting tired of ginger tea."
     I was back in the living room, deciding on where I should put the tree, I was unsure if it should go in the corner where it always sits, or somewhere different.  I was trying to think outside the box.  That wasn't working, I couldn't even find the box.
     My bathroom deserved a spa day, so did I but that wasn't going to happen, so spray, spray, spray, the tub, sink, floor and toilet got a much needed exfoliating from germs and gunk. I scrubbed, all of those germs away, along with my ambition.
     I was tired,  and I had only cleaned two rooms.  It was almost noon, and I felt exhausted.  "Well, there's my aerobic workout finished for the day."  Tomorrow is another day, I will be unstoppable, as long as I can get started!


 

Comments

Popular Posts