Guts Glory Glam

Happy Wednesday everyone! Do you ever wake up in the morning and catch your reflection in the mirror and think to yourself "I look pretty good". No, me either. Usually I see myself and after a brief moment of terror I realize that horrifying reflection is indeed me!                                   Who is that scary woman in the mirror glaring at me? Is she judging me? Looking at those fine lines around my eyes, and hmm. .. are those the beginning of jowls?  Face it, that youthful glow I used to have has been replaced with a dull, ruddy complexion.                                                 Maybe a bit of makeup will perk me up. Out comes the bag of goodies. Some concealer to hide the packed bags under my eyes and that annoying perimenopausal pimple that popped up on my chin while I was sleeping. That was easy, so carefully I rub  my expensive BB cream on my face to rejuvenate my complexion. It works for the models so it will work for me...right? Blush for the apples of my cheeks or in my case, a whole bushel of apples! Eye Shadow,  mascara and eyeliner. Smoky eyes are sexy,  hey why not. I poke my eye with the mascara wand making my eyes instantly water. When I can safely open my eyes after a near blinding experience I jump back from the bathroom mirror. Is that a tarantula on my eye? No, that is a huge blob of black goo that miraculously managed to cover the entire area in black except my lashes. They are still bare! I growl and cuss under my breath as I grab a washcloth and proceed to wash that black guck off my face. Now the right side of my face is clean, not just of the offending blackened ooze  but of my concealer, BB cream and blush. Oh great, I look like Tommy Two-face! I can't help myself but I make a grimacing smile in the mirror and laugh in spite of myelf. Time is ticking on and I realize makeup after 50 is a frightening proposition and, the woman smiling back at me is actually scarier now with make up then I was 2 minutes after rolling out of bed!            I decide makeup is not for the faint of heart! It's indeed for the brave women warriors making their way everyday working, walking the dog, buying groceries... I am not a makeup warrior! I open my medicine cabinet, slather on my lipstick,( hey I need my lipstick) and pour myself a cup of coffee.  Bella, my littlest cat looks at me lovingly and I know I am beautiful. Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts