A tisket a taskit some flowers for my basket...

Good morning! It's Tuesday morning, the sun is shining, the air is brisk and the dew is on the grass! I cut the lawn yesterday which always makes me happy...engages my senses with the sweet perfume of freshly mowed grass, as well as esthetically appealing and, yes an atrocity on the auditory sense as well but that can't be helped. I do have an old relic of a push mower, you know the kind that works with your own power? Yes it is silent in theory, no noise or nasty pollution emissions from the mower itself. However, (there is always another however with me), the mower does in fact become a bigger noise maker because of the woman pushing it! The grunts and groans and I am sure the faces made by yours truly during the first strip are enough to push it back into my garage. So, for everyone's sake, gas powered is indeed better. Feeling very satisfied with my lawn maintenance I decide to continue the trend of my outdoor beautification. Out to the garage I go...visions of Pinterest dancing in my head as I rummage through my pile of garden accessories and newly acquired junk recycled from other people. Some people's junk...you know. So everything piled on my glass table top, I begin picking up items and placing them together. I stand back looking at my various collections and think to myself I'm so good, genius in fact. I have put together my succulents in an old bird cage to meander  down the cage ever so gracefully. I can see it in my minds eye hanging from my vine strewn canopy. Gorgeous it will be.  I am thirsty so I run into the house for a glass of water. My cat Torro wants out. No doubt to water my garden. Oh well, small victories I say. When I return a sparrow is sitting in my bird cage! Picking colors and fabric samples no doubt. I stand there and the sparrow looks far to comfortable. Hmm...is that the music from that western with Clint Eastwood? You know the one "The good, the bad and the ugly"? The sparrow is eyeballing  me. I sigh and decide to give him the victory. It is after all a birdcage. I grab my wicker picnic basket from the table. This I have decided will look great with red and white geraniums and some ivy trailing out! Back to the garage I go to get my containers of geraniums and ivy to place ever so lovely into my basket. Carefully, juggling my lovelies back into my yard and placing them onto the table I notice Torro laying in the basket. The sparrow is gone, evicted by Torro and I can't help but smile. The best laid plans don't always work out. So, Torro has a comfy place to curl up in the afternoon  sun and I have a table full of stuff. Tomorrow is another day...happy Tuesday all, take time to look for the beauty.

Comments

  1. Great start to a blog Sharon! Intrigued to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Thanks Chad. You know me...always a story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, This is great! Looking forward to your future entries.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts