Friday the 13th and Rainbows

It's a rainy Friday the 13th. The only one this calender year. The supersticious fear this day and surround themselves with good luck charms, while motor cycle enthusiasts drive to Port Dover, gathering with comrades of the open road. Then, there are the rest of us who pay no mind to the day and continue on with our everyday, mundane chores of life.  There is something very satisfying about doing my everyday chores. Laundry, vacuuming, dishes, cleaning the bathroom, making the bed. I enjoy seeing everything clean and tidy. Of course, there are days when something happens and my usual routine is disrupted. This of course is a guarantee that someone will come to my home! That being said, if you happen to come by my home and it is in a state of disarray you will at least be comfortable in my mess! A cup of hot tea or coffee and something to eat will always be offered.  Martha Stewart I am not but friendly conversation and laughter is always on my menu. Excitement and fast cars are not part of my life and that's OK.  I leave that to a Friday night movie over a bowl of popcorn cuddling with my husband on our couch. That is the kind of mundane excitement I enjoy. Perhaps it's my security, knowing what to expect.  As I am looking out my living room window I can see a rainbow! I love rainbows, they are the promise of tomorrow and good things to come. For me, it's my clean tidy home for my family, for others it's motorcycles in Port Dover, and, perhaps you love the excitement of what Friday the 13th may bring. Whatever your "thing" is may you find peace and happiness at the end of the Rainbow!

Comments

Popular Posts