A Medium Double Double Please, and Hold the Poodles

     I had to babysit my grandson today, and watching him requires lightening fast reflexes, and ingenuity.   My daughter told me she would be back in about an hour or shortly thereafter.
     Due to the fact I had cleaning to do when I went home, I threw on a ratty old t-shirt and jeggings.  Me being me, I spritzed on perfume, brushed my hair and applied my lipstick.  These are the 3 things I do everyday, whether I leave my house or not.
So, today was no different.
     I stopped at Tim Hortons for a quick coffee.  Since I have been on my diet, I have felt like I can't enjoy anything, so I really look forward to my morning coffee.  It was before 9 am, so I knew I would have to wait in the drive thru lane.  When I pulled in, the line was lined up back to the street.
I debated about about parking and running in, but after looking at my cleaning attire, I thought better of it.  So in the drive thru I pulled, and waited with the others.  It seemed to be moving so sslloowwllyy.   It is Monday, and everyone is getting back into routine, afterall, and I didn't need to be at my daughters until 9:30.  While sitting and waiting, I looked around.
     Now, my daughter and I have seen some pretty interesting things sitting in drive thru lines over the years.  Once, as we approached the order speaker,  we saw a HUGE white cockatoo sitting on the window sill  of the car ahead of us.  He was dancing around to the stereo singing, "Hit me baby, one more time!"  I dare say, Britney Spears,  never had that kind of panache or entertainment value.  Another time, we noticed a little mouse running around the parking lot next to where we were waiting.  All of a sudden,  a crow swooped down and impaled the little mouse with his black beak, then flew off with it wiggling all the way!  My daughter and I looked at each other and simultaneously said "Eeww! "  Consequently, it takes a lot for me to do a double take at something.  People picking their nose, couples fighting, dogs sitting in the drivers seat, I have seen all of that.  However, what I witnessed this morning,  tops all of those and more.
      Beside the drive thru, in the parking area was a minivan.   Nothing strange about that.  A lady was in the process of cleaning out all of her garbage, and emptying various articles into the trash bin.  I noticed there were a couple of dogs in the van jumping around.  The minivan was running,  the dogs, were jumping all over, and while she was dumping the garbage,  she closed the door, I presumed, to keep the dogs inside.  Immediately,  I began to move around in my seat, a sense of doom, and foreboding becoming very strong.  I opened my window and yelled to the lady to be careful.  She ignored me.  I knew things were about to get very bad very quickly.   It did.  The minivan began to back up.  The lady, totally oblivious to her minivan being hijacked by 4 Poodles, contined to fill the trash bin a few feet from her car.  I managed to move my car ahead as far as I could without rear-ending  the car ahead of me.  The car behind me backed up just in time.  The minivan, and Poodles, backed the minivan perfectly straight in between my car and the car behind me, through the drive thru, and into the other side of the parking lot.  It continued to back up, still straight in between 2 parked cars, landing against the concrete parking enbuttment,  where it jolted to a forced stop.
     People were jumping out of their vehicles, others were yelling, I, sat there watching, grateful I had nothing to do with any of this!  A man, tried to open the door to the minivan,  but it was locked.  The lady, who owned the van and the dogs came running across the parking lot, yelling like a banshee.   She tried to open the door as well, and when she too found it locked, she began yelling at her dogs to unlock the door!
     Granted, those poodles pulled off a perfect reverse parking maneuver,  something I myself took 5 years to perfect.  If they unlocked those van doors, I would suggest they appear on America's Got Talent!  They jumped around inside that van, yipping instead.  By this time, the minivan was surrounded with people trying to help this hysterical woman get into her vehicle.  The dogs were barking, jumping from place to place due to all the excitement.   This was becoming quite a show and I had a balcony seat!
     There were cars strewn everywhere in an attempt to avoid a mishap, and the drive thru was temporarily blocked.  Looking at the time and sighing, I parked my car and walked into the building.  
     Nobody inside was aware of what was unfolding outside.  They were all caught up in conversations and Monday morning routines.
    I stood in line, waiting for my turn.  As I waited,  I overheard 3 ladies, sitting beside the order line.  They were laughing at how I was dressed.  I know, I know I said to myself.  I look like a homeless lady...with lipstick.   Mayhem was 25 feet away from them, and I was their topic of discussion?   Uugghhh!   This had nothing to do with me, and yet, I was pulled into a fashion disaster.
     It was my turn to order, I payed, and picked up my coffee.   On the way out, I overheard 2 older gentlemen say "She is such a lovely girl, and she smells amazing,  it's too bad she doesn't dress better."  Smiling,  I decided all of those people needed a dose of Monday morning crazy to begin their week, and I aparently fit the playbill!
     As I opened the door and walked outside, I could hear cheering.   Obviously, one of the Poodles, finally  hit the right button.  The lady climbed into her van, and everybody went back to what they were doing before the Monday morning joy ride.
     Drive thrus, poodles and coffee...who knew Monday's could be so exciting?
   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts