A Merry Christmas Day!

     Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, an
exciting time for many.
     As you celebrate with family and friends, take time to remember the ones who can't be with their loved ones.  Soldiers away from home, serving our country, people in hospitals or nursing homes, or others who are alone in their own homes.
     It's still Christmas for these people too.  An invitation to Christmas dinner, or a hot plate delivered to their home, a tray full of goodies, even a hug and a friendly greeting can go a long way to someone all aloe this holiday season.
     Enjoy your roasted turkey, and all the fixings.  Enjoy your friends and family.  Enjoy the time off of work.  Enjoy Christmas.  Make a toast to dear ones, and ones that have passed, and to future Christmas's together with loved ones.
     Don't get caught up in all of the stuff, we all think is important.   Nobody remembers what you wore last year, nobody will remember if you burned the potatoes.   Okay, maybe they will but it will be something to laugh at in years to come.
     Make memories, not madness.  Relax, enjoy the day.  I have twelve guests coming to our home for Christmas.   It will be chaotic, loud, and crazy.  We will be sitting on kitchen chairs, lawn chairs, and even my hydraulic hairdressing chair will be used for my grandson.   It doesn't matter if things don't match or things aren't perfect.  The only thing everyone will remember will be how much they enjoyed being together, eating a wonderful meal, or perhaps a not so great meal, regardless, just taking joy in the company you are with is what is important.
     I will take time on Christmas and stop what I am doing at different intervals during the day and just watch what is going on around me.  I will see my grandchildren playing with their new toys, my son and daughter chatting with one another, my husband, probably napping on the sectional.  I will smile, and not stress.  This is a promise I will make to myself.
     Christmas is different to everyone.   To me, it is about the birth of our saviour and His gift to us.
     Take the time, look around, smile, laugh, sing and even dance.  Christmas is about perfect love.  Love each other and love yourself.  Enjoy the day.
    Merry Christmas and God Bless!

Comments

Popular Posts