Time Ticks On...

     Tick tock, tick tock, go the hands of the clock.  Time, it's the one thing that everyone wants, but never has enough of, it's value is priceless, and if it could be a commodity, it would be coveted by everyone.
     We all have the same twenty four hours every day, some, have each minute scheduled, some fly wherever the wind blows them, with no structure at all, most of us are somewhere in the middle. Tick tock, tick tock, go the hands of the clock.
     I am a clock watcher, I always have been.  I don't like to be late, I like to know I have time to do the things that need to be accomplished in the time provided.  I don't like to rush, I would rather do it right the first time, than waste more time redoing something.  My husband, is more relaxed.  He is a fly by the seat of my pants kind of guy.  One of his favourite expressions is "If I leave now, I'll be late."  We are both different in so many ways.  He is always late and I am always on time.  Tick tock, tick tock, go the hands on the clock.
     Time, it can be friend or foe, depending on the situation.  When a woman is in labour, time goes on forever!  When we are on vacation, and enjoying ourselves, time flies.  Time is a funny thing, when I am anxious about something, it seems to go much faster, when I am bored, which rarely happens, it seems to go slower.  Like I said, friend or foe.  Tick tock, tick tock, go the hands on the clock.
       Go faster, slow down, hurry up, easy does it, all of these are expressions we say or hear everyday, all of them in relation to time.  We can't control time, thankfully, the government hasn't managed to get their clutches into it, only because it can't.   Tick tock, tick tock, go the hands on the clock.
     We get paid by time, hours worked equals wages, we age by time, hours lived equals days, months, years, and finally decades.  Time is more precious than gold.  Once it's gone, it can never be replaced, memories, good or bad, and death are all that's left after time is spent.  Tick tock, tick tock, go the hands on the clock.
     Time can be a thief, when someone you love is dying.  Each passing day, is one day closer to a heartbreaking farewell.  Time can be miraculous, when creating a new life, healing something, or falling in love.  Tick tock, tick tock, go the hands on the clock.  
     Love it, or hate it, our life is run on time.
Time is free, but it's priceless.
You can't own it, but you can use it.
You can't keep it, but you can spend it.
But, once you've lost it, you can never get it back.  Tick tock, tick tock, go the hands on the clock.







     
   

Comments

Popular Posts