Bountiful Blessings

     Over the past fifteen years, my family has donated money, and food to local food banks, as well as hundreds of dollars worth of toys for Christmas angel trees.  We never knew who received them, we just knew everything went to people in need.
     This year, my family was on the receiving end of a Christmas hamper.  Being as my daughter is a single mother with two children, a food and toy hamper was delivered to her for Christmas this year.   I was completely overwhelmed by the generosity of people we don't even know.
     We have helped pack food hampers, and toy hampers, so I know what is involved.  However, the hamper my daughter had delivered, went above and beyond the basic food and toy hamper.
     Five different boxes of cereal, boxes of cookies, ham, potatoes, carrots, and apples.  She received a grocery cart full of food staples, plus extras.  My grandchildren were given new winter boots, books, toys, clothes, and pyjamas.   They don't want, or need for anything!
     As I helped her put the groceries away, I felt like all of the help we had given through the years came back to my daughter, ten fold.  I had a warm fuzzy feeling, knowing complete strangers donated food, money and toys for my daughter and her family, people, they don't even know.
     It is such an amazing deed of kindness to give, especially during times of such financial turmoil and struggles.  It truly is an act of kindness, by humanitarians trying to help someone in the throes of despair.
      I realise there are some, who aren't thankful,  even indifferent, not to mention others who use the system to get extras when they can afford it, but, there are those, that really are in need, and graciously thankful for the generosity of strangers.
     I do not know who gave so generously to my daughter, I'm sure I never will, I do know however, how thankful we are to everyone who did.  Your loving kindness will never be forgotten by our family.  Thank you to all that gave, and may God bless you.
   


Comments

Popular Posts