I've Got Bette Davis Eyes!

     I have been contemplating cutting my hair, but I don't know what I want.  Being a licensed hairstylist for over 30 years, I am great at suggesting appropriate hairstyles for others, but my objectivity goes out the window when it comes to myself.
     My daughter told me about an app that I could download to try different hairstyles and colours on your face.  This piqued my interest, so I downloaded it.  Let me say, I haven't had so much fun on my phone...ever!
     After downloading the app, I used one of my pictures and began to play.  I tried every hairstyle, with every colour.  The app, can also give you makeup ideas as well.  I tried them too.  I sat in my living room, giggling, snorting and howling at the results.  I texted my husband and daughter pictures of my results.
     Over the years, my husband has been witness to my hair disasters.  He has seen tears, pouting, yelling, swearing, alost every emotion that comes with regret.  So, he called me and asked what I was doing.  I could hear the fear in his voice!  I explained to him it was only an app, and I was just playing.  Relieved, he hung up and went back to work.  My daughter, is young with a sense of adventure, she thought I should go for it.  Evidently, I can't trust her!
     My granddaughter came over, while I was playing, and of course, she wanted to play too.  I put one of her pictures into the app, and picked different looks as well.  She, opted for anything in pink, lipstick,  eyeshadow, hair, she looked like a little flower.
     I decided to let her pick colours and styles for me.  She just smiled and went to town.  I gave her free reign, and let me say, she does far better with a computer than I do.  She turned it around to show me and waved her hand like a magician, while saying "Ta dah"!
     I looked at myself, which of course, didn't look anything like me!  I looked like an old  Las Vegas show girl!  She even changed my eye colour!  My granddaughter,  God bless her, squealed with delight and told me she thought I looked like a princess!  I look like a princess alright, I thought to myself, a deranged Bette Davis character in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane!  I looked frightening!
     I  convinced my 4 year old granddaughter, that although I looked like a princess, I couldn't keep that look everyday.  She sighed, but said "OK grandma".  I began again, kept my original make up that I did myself before the picture was taken.  I only want a change in hairstyle afterall.
     I added, rearranged, and tweaked before I liked what I saw.  It was then that I realized it was the same hairstyle I already had, with the exception of a fresh cut.  Hmmm, I tried short styles, long styles, medium length styles.  They were all very nice, however, I know what my hair is capable of, and most of these styles required far more follicles than I have.  Back to my same style.
     I always said I wanted a wardrobe of wigs, like Dolly Parton.  My hairstyle that day, would depend on my mood.  I think that would be lovely!  But, alas, I don't, and more than likely, I won't.  So, my hair doo
will have to do!  Pun, intended.
     Today, I will call and make an appointment to get my tried and true, regular haircut.  It works and it doesn't make me cry or, my husband crazy.
     I saved all of my crazy looks, so on days when I need a good laugh, I can look at them.  Bette Davis, there's a new girl in town!
App I used https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyberlink.youcammakeup

Here is my granddaughter's princess look she picked for grandma!  I'm still laughing!

Comments

Popular Posts