Car Wash Chaos

     My car was an absolute mess this morning.   It's a white SUV, and it shows everything, dirt, slush, and every other thing that splashes up on it.
     Before dropping my granddaughter off at school, she, my daughter and grandson accompanied me to the car wash.  Oh my, what an experience!
     Usually I spray it off myself, but it was cold outside so I didn't want to get wet and then be cold all day.  So, I opted for the automated car wash.  I almost had a mini coronary with the price of it, but I had twenty car wash tokens, all because I was in a hurry and didn't look.  A few weeks back, I didn't have any change, so I put a twenty dollar bill in the change machine.   Thinking I would get twenty dollars in two, and one dollar coins, as well as quarters, I inserted my bill.  Instead, twenty car wash tokens were dropped in place of coins.  It is then that I noticed the sign up above the change machine with a very large ***Notice***  Change is given in tokens Only.  Hence the car wash this morning.
     I pulled up, to put my tokens in, and waited for the door to open.  When it did, the gates of hell were too.
     Immediately, strong jets of water began spraying the sides of my car.  My granddaughter was giddy, and clapping her hands, yelling "Yahoo!"  On the opposite side of the car, her brother started to cry and shake his head, screaming "No!"  I could see both of them in my rear view mirror, it was like a black and white image, one thrilled, the other terrified.
     My daughter proceeded to tell me about a video she and my son watched on YouTube.  A mother and her children were going through the car wash, when her sun roof began to leak.  Niagara Falls kind of leak she goes on to tell me.  Oh that's a thought I didn't need in my head.
     My eyes of course darted to my sun roof, it seemed fine.  By this point, we had multi coloured soap that smelled like bubblegum being sprayed all over my car.  My granddaughter was sniffing the air, like a dog with its head out a car window, running down the highway.  She was in her glory.  My grandson, was still crying, completely beside himself with panic.  There was nothing we could do to pacify him, he just continued to cry, his little face red, with tears streaming down his chubby little cheeks.
     There was another loud thunder of water being sprayed on the car again.   There was more hooting and screaming from the back seat.  My daughter was laughing, but I felt terrible for my grandson.  My granddaughter,  asked me if we could do this everyday, but after looking at my grandson, I doubted I would ever go through again, at least with him in my car.  I had terrorized my grandson with the car wash!
     After the water finished spraying, hot air, began blowing beads of water off the car.   It was very loud and powerful.  My grandson didn't like that either.  I couldn't wait for the door of the car wash to open so I could get the heck out of there.
     Finally the doors did open, and I drove out into the parking lot.  My granddaughter said "Awe!  That was too short!  Let's go again."  My grandson looked at his sister and yelled "No!" at the top of his lungs.  I sided with him!
     As we were driving to the school, my granddaughter was chatting away, and my grandson was calming down, still pointing at me, babbling away, chastising me no doubt.
     It was 8:50 am, I had made my granddaughter's day, terrified my grandson, and given my daughter a huge laugh.  It was a productive morning, and I still hadn't had my coffee.
     My day, it was going to be a interesting one.


Comments

Popular Posts