Colouring Outside The Lines

     Remember colouring when you were a child?  I do, I used to love to colour.  My granddaughter enjoys colouring as well, and my grandson, let's just say he enjoys expressing himself.   My granddaughter is very neat and organized, but she is five.  Her brother, is not neat, nor does he care, but then again he is not quite two.  Age, does make a difference when colouring, especially with expectations.
     While watching both of my grandchildren colour their own masterpiece, this past weekend, I couldn't help but notice how different their styles were.  My granddaughter, is definitely an impressionist, while my grandson, has more of an abstract eye.
     To my granddaughter, her brother's colouring, is sloppy, with all of the many colours not staying in the lines.  To me, I understand this.  My granddaughter and I have a sense of order and we appreciate following the rules of colouring.  My grandson, makes his own rules.  I don't think he will care about the colouring rules or order as he matures.  That's the beauty of individuality.
     Everything in life isn't meant to be structured, or follow any particular rules.   Creative people tend to be less structured, and more lax.  I am very creative,  I love to draw and paint, however I prefer to have order when I create something.
     Some of the best known artists have been unorganized and messy.  They follow the no rule, rule.  There's a vision in their head, and they know how to achieve it.
     Pablo Picasso, and Andy Warhol, are two famous abstract painters of our time.  I am not a fan of their artistic vision, but I certainly respect their talent and their sense of self.  They could see life outside of the lines.  I wish I could be more like that, adventurous.  Adventure, however always finds me.
     That's the great thing about artists, there is always someone who is visually touched by their work.  Some thrive on the no boundaries approach to love, art, and life.  I always thought I wanted to live like that, but I'm too OCD for that lifestyle.
      My grandson, might be more akin to that style, it's too early to tell.  He certainly has the freestyle conquered.
     Cheers to creativity, to colouring outside the lines, and to being a free spirit.  I will admire your work from my little bubble, cheering you on!

Comments

Popular Posts