Cruising

     Hello,  we're in downtown Belize, which is located in Central America.   The Caribbean Princess docked in the beautiful turquoise waters before 7 am.  It was fascinating to watch.
     Yesterday, we went to Costa Maya, Mexico.  Both places are hot, and beautiful,  but completely different.  Costa Maya is a Spanish speaking country, while Belize, is primarily English speaking, which is good for me, because my knowledge of Spanish is limited to "Buenos noches" , Buenos diaos", and "tequila por favor"  and I don't even drink tequila!
     Our past few days have consisted of walking, walking and more walking.  Our ship, is two football fields in length.  It has four pools, four hot tubs, a mini putt on the top level of the ship, as well as bocci ball, complete with turf, and a basketball court. You can putt and practice your hoops while looking over the Gulf of Mexico.
     Friday was a hectic day.  Our flight was to depart by 8:30 am, and we were to be picked up by the hotel shuttle by 6:20 am.   We missed it.  Well, I didn't.   My luggage and I were downstairs ready, but my husband who only has one speed...slow, was not.  He was getting coffee.  He could see the look on my face, so he told me to "Relax."  We had to wait for the next shuttle, at 7 am.  The bus driver was late, so consequently we arrived at the airport by 7:20 am, only to find the line to check our bags about a mile long.  I was beginning to hyperventilate.  Again, my husnand said "Reellaaxx! " in a slow, soothing voice which just made me crazy.  We still had to get our boarding pass,  so my husband left me in the baggage line while he got the boarding pass.  He still had his coffee, so he was trying to juggle it while navigating through the crowds.  It was really annoying me.  He then asked me to hold his cup while he printed off the boarding pass.  I suggested he throw it out.  He looked at me like I had slapped him.  He said "I'm still drinking it."  I explained to him that I was having difficulties holding it and the luggage while moving through the crowds.  He said..."Relax."  I wanted to relax him and his coffee right on his a*s!
     By the time we checked our bags, we had to stand in yet another line.  Security this time.  There was a cute dog coming towards me, so I put my hand down to pet him.  I was immediately snapped at by an airport security person.  I didn't realize the dog was sniffing for explosives.  Good thing he wasn't sniffing me twenty minutes before, I was ready to blow!
     My husband had to practically undress to go through security.   I could see he was frustrated,  so I said "Relax! " He didn't,  but I was laughing hysterically.   Then the bastards took my hairspray, sunblock, and mouthwash.   I need my hairspray!   I have survived for 4 days without it.
     We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale safely,  but we had to take a taxi to the pier.  Wow, that was frightening!   I've taken cabs in New York that were fine.  These airport cabs are just crazy!
     We are still trying to find our way on the ship.  We only get lost a few times a day now.
     It's been relaxing, exciting and fun.  We have met some wonderful people, and seen some great shows.
     Our catamaran is coming to taxi us back to the ship, so I must go.  Until next time!
Cheerio!

Mini putt on the top of our ship

Comments

Popular Posts