Lost In Translation With No Magic Carpet!

     I am so not a computer literate person.  We have a lovely new laptop, but I have only used it a few times.  My experience has been a wee bit...traumatic.
     I attempted to write my blog a couple of months ago, on said laptop.  It took me twenty minutes before I could even log into my blogger site.  I am used to using my phone, which is always logged in.  So, by the time I figured out what my password was, I was on my way.
     I typed everything out, but it was totally formatted differently on the laptop.  I didn't like the way it looked, so I began clicking the mouse.  Oh good grief, what a mistake, it disappeared.   I mean, gone, nowhere to be found, disappeared.   My husband managed to find it, how I don't know, because he can't find anything unless it is lit up with flashing neon lights.  Kudos to him, because he found it.  He had to leave for work, so he warned me not to do anything stupid with the laptop.
     Stupid?  Me?  Who was he kidding?  Everything I do with electronics ends up in a stupid mess, and me right along with it.  Needless to say,  my husband left for work, so it was just the laptop and me.  Oh, what a very bad pairing!
     I was happy with how my blog looked, and I was about to click on Publish, when I noticed the Language button.  Hmmm,  I wonder what this does if I click on it?  That was my thought, bad, bad, thought!  I should never be left unsupervised with my thoughts!
     Right before my eyes, my blog was changed to some kind of middle eastern lingo, Arabic I think.   I couldn't recognize a thing.  Oh, oh, that's not cohesive with anything I understand.  Okay, I thought to myself,  I will just change it back, I said to myself. Wrong!
     Clicking on the back arrow button was another mistake.  My blog disappeared.  I was aghast.  Now what?  I began frantically clicking to bring it back.  It was gone.  I thought back to what my husband did, but I was not doing it right at all.  Damn!
     I picked up my phone, went to my Blogger icon, and there, in brown and white was my blog...in Arabic!   I attempted to revert it back to a draft, but it was all still in Arabic.  Everything, today's,  right back to my first.  Nowhere was there an option via my phone to change the language.
     I had no choice, I had to go back to the laptop.   I kept hearing my husbands words echoing in my ears.  "Don't do anything stupid!"  This surpassed stupid.
     I had to call the laptop support line.  I explained what happened to the voice on the phone.   The voice asked me what I had clicked.  "I don't know!  I just clicked arrows and back buttons and something that said Refresh!"  
     I had to give the voice my Blogger password so he could try and undo what I foolishly did.  I could hear clicking through the phone, and miraculously, my blog reverted back to English.   The voice tried to tell me what he did, but my eyes began to cross, and my mouth began to slobber.  I saw pretty little butterflies flitting in front of me as the voice spoke.  He asked me if I understood.   "Huh?  Are you talking to me?"  "Yes." The voice asked.  "Aah...yes."  I lied.  I didn't have a clue what he did or said, but if I told the voice that, I would be seeing little butterflies all day.
     I decided at that point, I would never use the laptop for my blog after that...until today.
     For some reason, I thought I could figure it out and be successful.   Wrong!
     Thankfully, my son was home, and he went click, click, click and there it was, back again.  Aha!  No voice, and no butterflies.
My blog, will be completed via my phone.  I will need to practice my computer skills.  Actually, I need to get some computer skills first.
     So, here it is, late, but not lost or Arabic! 




Comments

Popular Posts