Pajama Party Perfect

     Most of our snow and ice is gone!  Yea!  Thanks to mild temperatures and rain yesterday, the skating rink on my driveway disappeared.   Taking my granddaughter to school today was much easier.
     Today, in my granddaughter's class, it's pajama day.  She picked out cute, soft, cuddly ones with little girls and animals printed on them.  I gave her panties and socks to put on, which normally doesn't cause a caufuffel, however, today was different.   No, today, my granddaughter had different ideas for accessorizing her pajamas.  She didn't want the polka dot socks I had picked out.  She was looking for the blue socks with the pink heels and toes.  They, of course, were in the laundry room to be washed.   I had to improvise, and quickly.   I ran downstairs to find the coveted blue socks.  Turns out I washed them last night but they were still sitting in the washing machine.   Oh oh, I ran it my salon, pulled out my blow dryer, and began drying the socks.  It seemed to be working pretty well, except the toe seams were still damp.  Hmmm what to do? I thought.   The hair straightener!  After turning it on high, I sandwiched each sock in between the heated plates.  That worked great!
      As I ran upstairs, I was calling my granddaughter's name so she would grab her socks while I put her lunch pail into her back pack.  As I turned the corner on the landing, she was standing by the top stairs.  She was wearing pink lipstick, a double strand of pink pearls, a bracelet, and her dress shoes.  A lovely pink and silver tiara graced the top of her blonde head.  I could also smell my perfume as I walked up the last three steps.
     I couldn't help but smile.  My granddaughter, the diva.  Even in pajamas,  she has to look glamorous.  I handed her the socks and told her dress shoes had to be left at home, as well as the tiara.  I explained to her that her winter hat wouldn't fit over it very well.  In place of her dress shoes, I suggested her pink suade shoes.  The rest of her ensemble was just too her.  Telling her to take off the pearls and bracelet would be like telling me  I can't wear lipstick.   That's just never going to happen.
     My grandson had to join his sister in dressing up too.  He was wearing a pair of her shoes and one of my necklaces.  I'm sure I could smell perfume on him too.
     On the way to school, I was listening to my granddaughter chat away, and I was reminded of old Hollywood starlets from the fifties.   All glammed up, just to stay home by themselves.
      I think I should rethink my at home look now.  A little glamour couldn't hurt.  Lipstick and perfume is a daily ritual for me but today,  I've been inspired to dress up to do my daily chores.  The only question is tiara or no tiara?

Comments

Popular Posts