Go Ahead Universe, I'm Ready!

     I have a job interview this morning.  I am hoping I get it, the extra money will be nice, and getting out interacting will people will be interesting.
     I woke up early, and pulled a few outfits out of my closet.  I opted not to wear a skirt, because I don't think women wear skirts much to interviews anymore.  At least not the kind of interviews I go to.
     I took one pair of dress pants from the hanger and slid them on.  I love these pants, they are comfy and really look great on me.  I thought my white blouse would look nice with it.  As I turned around to look at my reflection in the mirror, I gasped.  "I can't wear that!  I look like Jack Sparrow, from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie!"  My white blouse has poufy sleeves, and well, I have decided to donate it.  All I needed was a beard and a bottle of rum and I was all set.  Being as I was not applying for a booze slinger or a pirate, I needed to change.
     My next outfit was grey flannel pants with a long grey blazer.  It always looks good together.  I needed something underneath...I pulled out another blouse.  It was floral and I love it, but it looked too much for a job interview.  It reminded me of my mother's china pattern, I think that's why I liked it so much.  Off came the blazer, we'll almost, my one sleeve seemed to be caught on something.   I was struggling to pull it free.  I caught my reflection in the mirror, oh my, I was bent over, one arm out, butt sticking out.  I immediately began to sing "I'm a little teapot, short and stout, here is my handle, here is my spout!"  I did an awesome imitation!  I chastised myself to focus.
     I needed another blouse.  The rest of my blouses are either too small or too big.  I was limited to what I could wear.  I decided to try a light weight sweater under my jacket.  That wasn't going to work, I could hardly move and I could feel the heat rise in my face.  Aaaahhh!
     Time was ticking on, my daughter called me asking if my granddaughter's mittens were at my house.  I told her "no." I promised I would look around for them, they weren't in her bedroom or out by the back door.  Those are the only two places they ever are, I called my daughter back and broke the bad news.
     I had lost ten minutes looking for these mittens, and I was still no further along then I was an hour ago.  I still needed to hop in the shower.  I decided, my black dress pants, black sleeveless blouse and white and black hounds tooth jacket would have to suffice.  It looked very good together, and I didn't have time for anymore looking.
     I turned on the shower, and climbed in.  Wow, the water was freezing.   It's never cold on this spot.  I turned it hotter, but nothing was happening, so I turned it to the hottest setting.  I was still being blasted with cold water.  I realized something was wrong with the water heater but time was still ticking on and I needed a shower.  There was no conditioner today, just a quick scrub and shampoo and I was out.  That was not a refreshing shower!
     My hair was tangled, from no conditioner, and I was having a heck of a time getting a comb through my hair.
      I plugged in my blow dryer and turned it on.  I turned it on, I turned it on again, nothing.  This was a disaster.   My hair was very wet, and without a blow dryer, it dries crazy.  It would be stuck to my head and straight with this goofy curl in the middle of my bangs.  I would look special! 
" Oh great, could this day get any worse?"  Never ask that question.  It's like a challenge to the cosmos.
     I ran downstairs to my salon, lifted one of my hood dryers, sat down and pulled the hood over my head.  "Awe...heat"
It took about 15 minutes to dry my hair, and when I looked at my hair, thankfully it was okay.
     My interview is in forty five minutes, I am dressed, hair done, teeth brushed and coffee in hand.  I'm ready for whatever the universe has to throw at me!

Comments

Popular Posts