A Bouquet Of Tulips

     Yesterday was Valentines Day, as well as my husband's birthday.  As well, it's my brother-in-laws birthday too.  How's that for family planning?
     It's also an anniversary for my husband and I, he proposed to me twenty nine years ago, and you know what my answer was.
     You would think being born on a day dedicated to love would make him more romantic, or at least more inclined to be.  Not in my husbands case!  His argument is how many people do you know who give someone else a gift on their birthday?   As well, he says, "I gave you diamonds for our first Valentines Day, I've got nowhere to go but down after that!"
    After being together for almost thirty years, I no longer argue over semantics.  I have outsmarted my unromantic husband.  I send him roses for Valentines Day/birthday.  I usually have them delivered to his work, with some heart shaped balloons, a box of chocolates, and a card with a romantic note tucked inside.  He gets the gesture, and I get roses to enjoy when he gets home.  It's a win win scenario.
     Yesterday, however, there were no roses, chocolates, balloons, or even a card sent to him from me.  Yesterday, I was tired and didn't plan anything.
     By the time eight pm came around and my husband hadn't received his usual delivery, he called me.  When I answered the phone, I heard "You didn't send me roses this year?"  He sounded disappointed.  I, of course, immediately felt guilty, and said "No, I didn't send roses this year, but there's tulips when you get home."  By tulips, I meant two lips.  With that, I could hear him go from sulking to smiling.  I could actually hear him smiling through the phone!  My husband, was thrilled with the idea of a kiss.  Wow, that could have saved me a pile of money in years past.
     Of course when he returned home, I was asleep, so there were no tulips for him.  I'm sure he will hold me to my promise, arguing it was a verbal contract.  Truth be told, I would love to give him tulips, a whole bouquet of them!  I love him! ❤
     It's unfortunate and sad that anyone needs to wait for a special day to give someone flowers, or chocolates, or a simple I love you.  Both men and women need to feel love from their significant other.  Throw in a few romantic gestures and promises of things to come, and you won't need a match to light off fireworks.
     Our market sells fresh flowers on Saturday, and I plan to be there bright and early.  Who knows, maybe when my husband wakes up, he will find a vase full of tulips on his bedside table, wishing him good morning.  Wink, wink.
   
 

Comments

Popular Posts