♡For The Love Of Fur Babies♡

     Death is a difficult part of life, something, each of us must endure at some time in our life.  Family members, friends, as we grow older, our chance of losing people we love, grows exponentially.
     What about our fur babies?  They are just as much a part of our family as anyone.  Their love is unconditional, and non judgemental.   All they want is to be near us, and love us.
     When their time on earth is coming to an end, it's traumatic on those of us left behind.  I myself, have had to say goodbye to a few beloved pets over the years, each one taking a piece of my heart.
     For those people who have never had, or loved a fur baby, they will never understand the connection between human and animal.  It's depth is immeasurable, and incomparable.   When they pass away, we are left feeling empty, and our sense of loss is real.
     Recently,  friends of ours, had to euthanize their dog. Ben, he was a bouvier,  a gentle giant.  I know it was a devesting decision for them.  My heart broke for them, as I recalled memories of him in their family.
     It makes me angry when I hear people speak about the loss of a pet flippantly.   "It was just a pet."  No!  It wasn't just a pet, it was a beloved member of someone's family!  Sometimes, it is someone's only family.
     Recently,  palative care units in hospitals, and hospices,  have allowed pets of dying patients to stay with them through their final days.  It has been proven, the patient has lower blood pressure, as well as stronger vitals while in their pets presence.  It's such a wonderful way to honour the patients last moments.
     If you are fortunate enough to have been loved by a fur baby, then you have been truly blessed.
    I have been blessed during my life with dogs, cats, bunnies, birds, and fish.  Each one different,  but bringing something beautiful and special to our family.
     Our last dog, was Beau, and, our cat was Taffy.  They grew up together, and they were best friends.  They, were brought into our family when my children were young.  Our children, learned how to care for something  vulnerable, they learned responsibility,  and sacrifice.   Pets, teach valuable life lessons.
     When Beau became sick, and it was clear he was suffering,  my mom and I took him to the vet for his final visit.  It was devestating.  However,  I was with him, holding him, stroking his fur, reassuring him I loved him.  When he was gone, I was a mess.
     Our pets, are our fur babies, they are part of our family.  Love them, cherish them, hold them in your arms as much as you can, because one day, they will be gone, and then you will only be able to hold them in your heart.
My beloved ♡♡Beau♡♡

Comments

Popular Posts