Take Notice Nassau!

     Technology has certainly advanced in the past fifty years.  I can remember watching Neil Armstrong, walk on the moon in the summer of 1969.  Who can forget his famous words as he took his first steps, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."  From that point forward, our world seemed to change rapidly.
     We have since ventured to Mars, and now there is talk about mining natural resources from asteroids.  That is something straight out of Hollywood.
     Closer to home, we have smart phones, tiny little computers in the palm of our hand.  There's voice recognition technology, that unlocks doors,  and all of the medical advancement, doctors could have never even imagined fifty years ago.  Even our cars can park by themselves.  That is huge for drivers who are challenged with parallel parking.   This new generation of children will never remember life without a computer, microwave, or a cell phone.
     So I ask, with all of these technological advancements, why haven't scientists designed shoes that walk on their own?  Or work out clothes that exercise for you?   We can just slip them on and voila, we are walking, running, without ever breaking a sweat.  We could get all of the benefits of a workout without all the work.  I think people would buy that workout gear.   Nike, could change their famous phrase, Just do it to We do it.  I can see it in my imagination, there are fireworks and the theme from Rocky is playing in the background.   It's a marketable idea.
     How about food pills?  Willy Wonka had the right idea with a full course dinner in a little piece of gum!  No more time spent on grocery shopping,  preparing and cooking meals,  or cleaning up.  A brush of the teeth, and you are finished.   Why haven't Stauffer's or Lean Cuisine invented something like that?  I tell you why, Martha Stewart, bought the patent for it and burned it up in her lovely turquoise kitchen!
     If Nassau can use a Commodore 64 computer to launch the first rocket into space, why can't they design an electronic helper for the home?  Like Rosie, from the Jetson's?  No more cleaning the bathroom, or vacuuming, or making the bed.   Wow, the mind just can't phathom the beauty and worth of such a being.  Instead, industries have made humans redundant by using robots to build cars.  Why can't household chores be redundant?   It's a real issue!
     I have given these ideas a lot of time and energy.  The benefits far outweigh the cost of testing.   I will volunteer my body for the workout clothes.  Heaven knows the experience can't be any worse than when I actually do the workout myself.   I will gladly supervise a Rosie prototype in my home.  I will even plug her in at night to recharge, and give her a quiet room for the night.
     Mothers wouldn't be so stressed, trying to juggle work, cooking, cleaning and taking care of the children.   They could concentrate all of their energy on the kids and her husband.
     Let's face it, we all aren't June Cleaver!  Looking perfect, keeping her home perfect in heels isn't even possible!   I know, I tried it years ago.  My feet hurt, and I almost killed myself with the vacuum hose on the stairs.  Hence the need for a meal alternative and an electronic house helper.
     As I sit, smiling, imagining all of this in glorious splendor, I can see laundry on my sectional waiting to be put away, a chip bag on the floor beside a chair, my son neglected to throw away, and one of my grandson's toys that rolled under a table.  Heavy sigh, alas, I doubt I will ever see this come to fruition in my lifetime.   Maybe my grandchildren's.  Ahhh, but it's a lovely dream.  Take notice Nassau!   I'm officially placing my order!
     I have no Rosie, I will have to pedal on my stationary bike myself, and I will have to cook dinner tonight.  I know this, and I accept it.  But, a girl can dream...oh yes
a girl can dream.

Apparently, I am not alone, someone has already created a RO-Z!



Comments

Popular Posts