Seriously?

     Yesterday was a series of annoying events.  Alone, they were just everyday mishaps, together,  a raging storm and I was the lightning rod.
     It started out great, but by the afternoon, the tide turned.  My son drove my husbands Jeep, to work, which apparently had his cigarettes, work keys, and all of his important stuff.  He was not happy, more I think because he didn't have his cigarettes!  He now, would have to take his old, pick up truck to work, and he was grumbling as he was changing into his work clothes.  As he was walking out the door, he couldn't find his truck keys.  I asked him where they were, but by this time, he was beginning to snap!  "If I knew where my keys were, I wouldn't ask!"  Rolling my eyes, I said "Yes you would, they could slap you in the face and you still wouldn't see them."
     My husband glared at me and said "My truck keys are in the Jeep."  Oh, oh, I could sense his frustration, as time was ticking on.  That meant I would have to drive him to work, which any other day wouldn't bother me, but today I had to go to Service Canada, for my brother.
     Juggling my afternoon duties in my head, I started my car and waited for my husband to climb in.  He was messing around in his truck, moving junk from one pile to the next.  Seriously?  Exasperated, I got out of my car and approached my husband.  I could hear the unmistakable jingle of keys.  My husband looked at me and smirked, he knew they were in there the whole time.
     After our goodbyes, I drove to get my brother a new set of license plates and a temporary sticker.  I had already been there the day before and was told I needed a third party paper, signed by my brother giving me permission to do this on his behalf.   In I went, new paper filled in and signed by my brother, his car ownership, insurance papers, his drivers license and $120.00.  I had to wait in line, listening to the 3 girls that work behind the counter talk with one another while the rest of us were waiting for our turn.  Seriously? 
     It was finally my turn, so I went to the girl I had dealt with the day before.   I went through the spiel of why I was there, pulling out all of the pertinent paperwork.  This girl, without looking up, pointed to the wall and said "You have to fill out form 10
then come back."  Seriously?   I reminded her that yesterday, I had form 10 filled out, but she told me I didn't need it.  So, I threw it out.  Today, I need  form 10?  I was becoming angry now, and I began ranting about different rules for different days, and how all of you people should make up your mind!  She had no emotion, she just said "Fill out form 10."
     I tromped myself over to the wall, grabbed a form 10, and opened my purse to get my glasses.  They weren't there.  While looking for my husbands keys, I left them sitting on the mantle.  Uugghhh!  Seriously? 
     I had filled this paper out yesterday,  so it should be fairly easy to duplicate I reasoned.  Squinting my eyes, and holding the paper out in both hands, I could see, the basic questions.  So far so good.  It asked for the cars VIN number (vehicle identification number) which has about 13 numbers in it.  Was that a 6 or an 8?  Or is it a 3?  I was in a seriously agitated state.  Thankfully, there was a very nice young lady sitting beside me, who could hear me muttering and was watching me screw my face up trying to see the numbers.  She asked if she could help.  "YES, YES, oh please yes! "  She jotted everything down for me, and back up I went.
      This time, I had a new girl and had to explain everything all over again.  She looked at the third party paper and said "You can't do this."  That was it, I lost my mind.  I began flailing my arms around, and asked them "Is this special training you ladies take to make us crazy, or are you all just gifted? "  One of the other girls, sensing I was going to have a hissy fit, took over.  She processed everything, but I had to pay the sales tax and purchase a used car kit that was an extra $20.00.  Seriously?  $235.00 later, $115.00 of it mine, I was out the door.
      My daughter had called me twice while I was in there, so I called her back.  My granddaughter was put on the wrong bus, and part way through the route, the bus driver realized she was not supposed to be on his bus, so back to school she went.  Of course, her bus had already left, so she was left sitting in the principle's office, needing to be picked up.  Seriously? 
      It was 7:15 before I arrived at my husbands work.  It had been raining, and the air was heavy with humidity.   It felt like the Congo!  I found my husband in the office doing paperwork.   I began telling him about the last few hours.  I could see the corners of his mouth turning up into a smile.
     Buzzing, annoying buzzing was all around me.  There were mosquitos in the office and they were biting me.  I told my husband I had to get out, he went to get a  ouple of mudflaps to sit on the picnic table outside so we wouldn't soak our pants from everything being wet.
     I went outside ahead of him.  It was worse out there!  They were swarming all over me, hungry little blood suckers!   Seriously?   I found it ironic, at this point in my day, I was not allowed to give blood at a clinic because of my previous heart surgeries.  Apparently it's not good for me, the mosquitos were in a feeding frenzy and I was their main course!   I guess they didn't know that rule.
     Back into the shop I went, hot and scratching.   My husband was walking my way, 2 mudflaps in hand.  I waved my hand and told him we had to go to the car.  "Why?"  He asked.  "I'm getting eaten alive out there!"  At least in the car, I won't be on the menu.
     We sat in the car, and I started it up, driving to the back of the lot, where it was quiet and nobody would interupt my husband with a repair during his dinner break.  Aahhh....the air conditioner was on, I was cooling off and there were no mosquitos.   I relaxed, and closed my eyes.
     Beep, Beep, beep...my eyes snapped open.  Low fuel!  Seriously?   I had to turn the car off, but it was too hot.  I had to open the windows.  I think I know how the USS Arizona felt during the attack on Pearl Harbour!  I had kamikazi mosquitos diving through the windows, attacking me.  My husband sat there eating, he wasn't being bit or disturbed whatsoever.   He looked at me and started to laugh as I was swatting my arms all around.  "What's your problem?" he asked, laughing.  "I'm getting bit!" I whined.
     My husband, turned and looked at me, and, what he said, lead me to my next set of actions.   He asked me "With all of the malaria we have had in the kitchen all summer, why are you worried about a few mosquitos now?"  Seriously? 
      I'm sure by the time he wakes up, the swelling will be gone.

Comments

Popular Posts