Happy Is...

     My alarm went off at 5:30 this morning.  Like I always do, I reached over and shut it off, or rather, I tried to reach over and shut it off.  I couldn't reach, or move my head off of my pillow.
        My husband, as he always does, cuddles up to me when he comes to bed.  He must have moved his pillow over my hair.  With the weight of his head, and the pillow, I was pinned.  I don't think there's an official name for this maneuver in the World Wrestling Federation, but I can assure you it's very effective.
     I called my husbands name, nothing.  I shook him with my left hand, nothing.  I felt around to find his nose.  Found it, I plugged it with my thumb and second finger.  This trick works very well when he's snoring, he usually rolls his head away so I can't do that to him anymore.  He snorted and threw my hand off his face, but didn't turn around,  still effectively nothing.  Hmmm, I'm going to have to be creative now.
     I tried pulling myself up slowly, but my hair was being pulled sideways, and it felt like it was being torn from my head.  I don't have thick luxurious hair to sacrifice to the Sandman, so I had to do this quickly.   Like ripping off a bandaid.  A little shocking, but definitely less pulling and pain.
     I decided to throw my body up, the thrust will disengage my hair from underneath the pillow, thus releasing me.  It sounded good in theory, it usually does.   The application?   Not so well.  I managed to get my arms in position, but my husband had the blankets wrapped around us like a cacoon.
     He thinks, because he's cold, I should have all of the blankets on as well.  My legs seemed to be surrounded by the sheet and quilt, my left leg was attached to my husbands right leg, I can only describe it as something like a splint would be.  Tied together.  Oh great, feeling panic begin to rise in my throat, I began thrashing my legs around.  It worked, my husband moved his leg enough to allow me to free my leg from the blankets.  I could now have enough momentum with my arms and legs to catapult my head up to freedom.  One, two, three, go!  I was free!  I turned the alarm off.  That had only taken 2 minutes.  It felt like 20!
     Off I totterd to the bathroom.   I didn't turn on the light, I didn't need to.  I know where everything is.  I pulled my pajamas down and sat down to pee.  I shot off that toilet like a nuclear missile!   Someone in my household had left the toilet seat up and I, sat on the nasty, cold porcelain without benefit of a clean plastic seat.  Eeewwww!   Disgusted, and mad, I pulled down a clean washcloth and scrubbed my bum and legs.  I know what's under the toilet seat, and I certainly don't want it on my bum!  I sat down and finished what I tried to do a few minutes ago.  Much better.
     In the kitchen, I turned on the light and the radio.  I always turn on the radio first thing in the morning.   I like to hear music while I am making my son's lunch.  The song Happy, by Pharrell Williams was playing, which made me laugh.  If he only knew my first 5 minutes of the day I thought.
     I had already made my son's wraps the night before, so I only had to put them into his lunch bag with his drinks,  fruit and snacks.   I opened up the crisper to only find 3.  Someone had ate 1.  For me, making a wrap is a struggle.   I am not as good as they are in the pita restaurants.   In fact, the other day, I commented to my husband, a Quesedia restaurant was looking for a burrito maestro. I thought that term was hilarious,  but in light of my struggles with wraps, it wasn't so funny this morning.  I pulled everything out of the fridge, compiling everything together and proceeded to wrap it.  It worked perfectly.   My first wrap that could actually hold together!  It was a proud moment for me.  I realized at that point I had no sandwich bag out, and unzipped, ready to accept my treasure.   Carefully,  I pulled the box out of the drawer.  So far, so good.  I couldn't open the bag with one hand, those suckers really seal.  I put the wrap down for 5 seconds.  Just enough time to unzip the bag.  In that time, the wrap began to unfold and turn into a limp glob of guk.  That's OK,  I will just rewrap it.  Turns out, wraps are NOT re-wrappable.  It was soggy, and beginning to tear.  Uugghhh!   I had to make another one.  My second one was not as good as my first.  In fact, the only thing holding it together was the zip lock bag!  My son will love me when he opens that.  Serves him right, the scurvy dog, for eating one last night!
     My son came downstairs grumbling about the rain.  He doesn't like working outside in the rain.  I can't blame him, but he gets paid very well, so my empathy lasted about 3 seconds.
     My son, was walking out the door, it was just after 6 am.  I put all of the wrap fixings away and decided I needed a coffee.
     Sitting down in my living room, listening to the soft rain, drinking my coffee, my cat Bella, curled up on my lap, I looked at the clock.  It was 6:15 in the morning.  I had escaped the confines of my husbands pillow,  the clutches of a blanket, a quick sit down on a cold porcelain toilet, and a wrap disaster.  And now, a delicious  up of coffee.  All of this in 45 minutes.
     I wonder what the rest of the day has in store for me?  It's like a mystery,  you just can't wait to turn the page.  Well, maybe I will just linger on this page for a few minutes more.  😊
   Enjoy this video, it's Happy by Pharrell Williams .
 https://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM

Comments

Popular Posts