A Chanel Inspired Cat

     When the cat's away, the mice will play!  Oh, how very true.  On the weelend, I took my grandson out to get groceries, my granddaughter didn't want to go, so she stayed home with papa.
     We returned home about an hour later.  In the corner of the sectional, there was stacked, a mountain of cushions that usually graces it, and my other two chairs.  My grandson, was immediately drawn to the mound of pillows.  He began throwing them on the floor.  He assumed his sister was behind them, she wasn't.   Our cat, Torro was.
     From behind us, we heard a loud
"Rooaarr!"  My grandson found his sister, or rather she found us.  My grandson and myself jumped like a scaredy cat, straight up in the air.  My granddaughter was giggling, and my husband was laughing.   My grandson, enjoys the thought of a good scare, so he began walking around the living room roaring up a storm.  I, on the other hand, do not have the same affinity for a good scare.   I had to coax my heart back into my chest.
   As I was putting the groceries away, my granddaughter was bouncing around like a banshee.  She was anxious to show me the art project she and papa had worked on.  I had put the last can in the cupboard, so my granddaughter ran into the living room ahead of me.  She was yellin "Okay papa, grandma is coming!"  By the time I walked through the archway of the living room, my granddaughter was bouncing up and down beside my husband.  She was smiling like the Cheshire Cat.  "Hurry grandma!"  Looking at her, I wasn't sure if she was going to explode from excitement, or implode from impatience.  "Okay, I'm here, show me your masterpiece."  My husband, not my granddaughter moved his hand from behind his back.  In his hand was his phone.  Not at all what I was expecting.
     My husband turned his phone on, and began scrolling through his apps.  He said "This was our art project, while you were gone."  I looked down at the picture before me.  "Oh my."  I said, snickering.   The art project my husband and granddaughter had worked on was certainly original.   It was Torro, dressed in my granddaughter's hat, t-shirt, fuchsia tutu, back feet in her princess slippers, and purse slung fashionably across his chest.   He was a fashionista for sure.  The thing that made the whole thing so great, was Torro actually posed for the picture.
     My granddaughter was giggling all over again.  "Isn't Torro adorable grandma?"    "Well..."  I said, he's something.
       My husband explained to me that our granddaughter was bored, so she wanted to dress up Torro.  He told me that Torro sat there, letting our granddaughter dress him.  He even lifted his leg while she put the tutu on.
     It's proven that father's, uncle's, or grandfather's, bring out a more creative energy to children.  Rough play, encourages creativity, apparently.
      Regardless, my granddaughter had a great time, as did my husband.   Torro, well, he was hiding behind a mountain of cushions.

Torro, dressed in the new spring line. 💟


Comments

Popular Posts