Last Night, I Was Sits With A Bucket

     Last night, my daughter took her son for the weekend.  It was a nice break for me.  My granddaughter stayed with me,  she said she needed a break from her brother as well.  So, I had a nice bath, and she painted a picture.
     My brother came over for a visit last night, after my granddaughter and I indulged in our little luxuries.   He knows I have been experiencing an abundance of stress lately.   He brought to me a de-stresser medication, a herbal blend, straight from his homeopath.
     I took it around 7:30 pm.  I poured myself and my granddaughter a drink, sat down in the living room with my granddaughter still painting, and my brother sitting across from me.
      My eyes began to see things in a slow motion effect, and when my brother spoke,  he soundrd like the teacher from the Peanuts cartoon.  All garbled with no distinct beginning or end to the words.  And yet, my hearing was more in tuned then ever before, I was like a Beluga whale.  I had echo location ability, plus I was like the character Bradley Cooper played in the movie Limitless.  I could sense what was going to happen, before it happened.   It was surreal.
     I felt like I was going to throw up, I managed to haul myself off of the sectional, and navigate myself around the slew of paper, colouring books, markers and paints my granddaughter had all over the floor.  I made my way through the craft hazard perfectly.  I could have never done that straight.  I sat on the toilet, because standing stationary over my toilet, was like standing over a great canyon.  I was sure I would fall in.   I found my head in the garbage can.  I don't know how it ended up there, but I do know it was in there deep, and I recall a great deal of slobbering.  I could hear my brother and granddaughter talking.  I could literally pinpoint their sound with my echo location ability.  I think I actually saw the sound waves bouncing off of them.  My brother was laughing.  Fuc*er!
     Their voices began trailing off, but my other senses kicked in.  My sense of smell kicked in.  I could smell flowers.  Flowers?  I tried to lift my head out of the garbage can, but I couldn't.   Some force was holding it there.  Gravity?  Maybe.   My body was tingly, and I continued to smell flowers.  My body was becoming very hot.  I understood then.  I was on a vision quest!  Yes, that was it.  Like the Native Americans, generations before.  I think I was in the desert...but still sitting on the toilet, head deep in the garbage, but definitely in the desert.   I was waiting for my vision, I was sweating, smelling flowers, and waiting for my spirit guide to speak to me.  I waited forever.
     My brother was walking in the desert too.  Was he part of my dream quest?  Was he supposed to be asking me if I was OK?   I managed to pull my head out of the garage pail and stand up.  Oh my, my legs were wobbly.
     I stepped out into the hall and looked into my living room.  Woah!  When did my living room get so deep?   My brother was sitting in my husbands leather chair, but he was miles away.  I couldn't worry about him, he knew how to find his way back.  I needed to sit down.  I looked at my granddaughter, she was still painting.
     My brother was laughing, I looked up and he was back...stealthy bastard, I never heard his approach.   I said "I'm sorry I was gone for so long."  He chuckled and said "Gone for so long?  It's only 7:50."  I looked at my clock.  It was, as he said.  Only twenty minutes had passed?   It felt like ten hours.
     I was trying to concentrate on speaking.  I don't think I succeeded.  My brother was looking at me and laughing again.  He really is a cheeky bastard I thought.  What was so damn funny?  I wanted to know.  I, did not find anything funny.  I did however, feel nauseous.   I told my brother to get the garbage can and bring it to me.  He said "What?  Why?"  Seriously?  I thought, are you really going to argue with me?  And why can't you understand what I'm thinking?  It's much easier for me to think my thoughts than speak them.  My brother passed me the garbage pail just in time.  He and my granddaughter went downstairs.
     After what was actually only five minutes, but I would have sworn an hour, I was finished.  I called for them to come back.  My brother asked if I was OK.  I said "Yes."  My brother went home, and I laid my head back.
     I woke up, lights off, television off, my granddaughter curled up beside me on the sectional.   She had put a pillow under my head, moved the garbage pail, and covered me with a blanket.  What a honey.  I carried her into bed, and tucked her in with a kiss.  I made my way to bed and slept for the rest of the night.  Very well in fact.
     When I awoke this morning, I knew some of what happened.  My granddaughter filled me in on part of it.  I checked my texts, and read a text I sent to my brother.  I laughed.  This is what I texted to him at 8:29 pm - "Ur a pshyocodelic ASSHOLE with a hemorrhoid for a postal code.  Thank God for spell check."  Hahaha!       I'm not sure if I should thank my brother or slap him.  I'm sure I had some sort of a vision, I recall someone calling my name last night..."Come Sits with a bucket, your destiny awaits."



Comments

Popular Posts