What's In A Name?

     Names have an amazing ability to make us smile, or make us cringe, just by hearing them.  There are a few names that I associate with positive people or negative individuals.  When my daughter was pregnant with her daughter, she liked the name Carmella for a girl.  I did not, I associated it with Italian sausages, and the television series The Sopranos.
     This morning as I was checking my Facebook, I noticed one of my friend's had a link on her page.  It is called What your child's name means.  It's all in lavender with pretty pink roses surrounding it.  The premise is, this link will tell you about your child based on his/her name.
     Hmmm I wondered.   I decided to give it a whirl.
     I first put in my daughter's name.  Bahahaha, when I stopped laughing, I read it again.  This is her meaning...
It says, my daughter is very confident, this is the girl who calls me no less than ten times a day, asking my opinion on everything.   My daughter does know her strengths, however, she struggles with things others do not.  My daughter is a nut!
     My son's name, apparently means this...
My son, dedicates himself to every assignment he is given with passion?  They clearly haven't met my son.   If my son wants to do something, he does it full boar with every ounce of strength in his body.  If he doesn't, he digs in his stubborn heels and refuses to budge, physically, mentally and spiritually.   My son definitely is determined, and once he sets his mind on something, he doesn't stop until he has accomplished his dream.
     It may seem like I'm bashing my children, I'm not.  I have known my children for twenty five, and twenty four years.  I understand what makes them tick.  They both drive me mad at times, they're both stubborn as mules, and opinionated.   They are also generous to a fault, kind and compassionate.  They are my children, and I love them more than life itself.
     If you want to know what your child is like or their positive attributes, get to now them.  Take the time to learn about your children, teach them the values and morals you want them to have.  None of these guarantee they will be who you want them to be, but you gave them the knowledge to make their own choice.
     For fun, I put my name in, it was surprisingly accurate, except for the math part.  My friend Char, can attest to that!  She helped me survive Math class, and I helped her pass English class.This is mine...
    We are given our name at birth, it follows us for the rest of our life.  Make it a good name to have, and a good name to hear.




Comments

Popular Posts