Pi*s And Vinegar

     My grandson woke up happy this morning, with an enthusiastic "Hi!" and a smile.  I, was not nearly as enthusiastic.  Upon seeing my grandson run over to his sister and give her a big kiss and hug good morning, my morning changed from uugghh,  to aawwee.
     My grandson walked over to me, lips pursed, arms out, looking like an adorable version of Frankenstein.  It was my turn for love, kisses and hugs.  For me, there's no better way to begin the day, than with a wet sloppy kiss and a big hug.
     After our cuddle,  my grandson announced he had to pee.  "Okay." I said, "Let's go."
     I have to keep our bathroom door locked at all times.  My grandson, loves to brush his teeth...all the time.  He has, on occasion, dipped his tooth brush in the toilet while brushing, along with toys, excess toilet paper, or other items he thinks should be cleaned.  Hence, the locked door.  Our key, is a long wooden skewer, used to make shish-kabobs.   It's very effective.
     So, this morning, I  couldn't find the key.  "Oh oh!" said my grandson, I was in total agreement.  My grandson, turned and ran to the kitchen, and jerked open one of the drawers.  He pulled out another key, saying "Here you go."  We were off to unlock the bathroom door.
     Once inside the bathroom, I took my grandson's pajamas off and his diaper.  I plunked him up on the toilet and knelt in front of him waiting for the main event.  I was still sleepy, my eyes were only half open and I was trying to stifle a yawn, when I felt a warm stream of liquid shoot me in the face.  My eyes shot opened quickly, in time to see my grandson look down between his legs, then back at me.  "Pee." He said proudly.   "Yes, pee." I said.  I knew I must have made a face, because my grandson started to laugh.  He said "All done." He wanted down to wash his hands.  I couldn't agree more.
     I pulled a washcloth down from the shelf and ran it under warm water.  I started singing "I'm going to wash that pee right out of my hair!" like the song from the musical South Pacific.  We both washed our face, hands, and brushed our teeth.  We brushed our hair for good measure.
     Out of the bathroom we walked,  My grandson ran over to his sister and said "Pee!"  My grandaughter, began clapping her hands and saying "Good boy! Did you pee for grandma?"  "Oh yes, he did pee for me." I said in a droll tone.  "He peed, very well."
     It was time to get dressed and make breakfast.  My granddaughter pulled her clothes out from her drawer, as did my grandson.   He thought he should wear his sisters clothes too.  I guess he figured why not? My sister wears them, why not me?  I have to say, he makes an adorable little girl.
    As I made breakfast, my grandson pulled out my jug of vinegar from under my cupboard. He carried it to me and said "Juice?"  "Oh no honey, that's definitely not juice!"  Yikes, that would have been an experience for him.
     My morning routine is busy once more, today, it was full of pi*s and vinegar.

Comments

Popular Posts