Torro To The Rescue

     I really dislike spiders.  I believe I have mentioned that in my previous posts.
     Today, after I brushed my hair, I cleaned the brush of excess hair, after which, the hair that I pulled out of the brush, went directly into the bathroom garbage.
     As I was walking out of the bathroom, out of the corner of my eye, I could see something large and dark.  I took another quick glance, and noticed this large, dark thing following me.
      I looked back to see the big, dark thing was in fact a big, dark spider crawling after me!  "Aaaahhh!"  I began running now.
     My living room is across from the bathroom, so I stopped at the front door.  I couldn't go any further.  The spider was no where in sight.  "Whew."  I was very relieved...for about five seconds.  At that point I knew that not knowing where the spider was, was in fact worse.
    Slowly, I crept forward into my living room looking for that creepy eight legged monster.  I needed a weapon, that was certain.  The broom.  I would use the broom I thought.  The broom, was however in the kitchen.  I had fifteen feet between my kitchen and the spot I was standing.  I didn't see it on the floor, so I looked at the walls and ceiling.   "Yikes!  I will die from pure fright if that thing drops on me!"  I hissed at my cat Torro, he was of course sleeping and not paying attention to what I was saying or looking for the spider.
     I made my way safely into the kitchen and grabbed my broom.  If that spider comes my way, it was going to be smooshed.  As I turned around in the doorway of my kitchen, I caught a glimpse of this big hairy beast.  I began running, as quickly as I could with a broken foot.  I had a better look at the spider this time.  It was huge.  It was definitely a Tarantula!  How in the world did it get in here?  I thought.   My head snapped up, looking at the ceiling.  My son!  He had, in previous years, brought home snakes without telling us, and kept them in his room.
    " Fan-fuc*-ing-tastic!"  I had to bash this damn spider, then go upstairs and bash my son!
     Smash!  I jumped a foot and turned around toward the kitchen, weilding the broom like a sword.  The spider jumped too!  "Holy mother, it can jump?"  I jumped ahead and turned my head, only to see it was keeping my pace.  I jumped on one of the kitchen chairs.  "Aha!  Try and get me now you bastard!"  I yelled.  It jumped up towards the chair too!  At this point, I let out a blood curdling scream.  Neither my husband, nor my son came to help me.   Torro, hearing me scream, opened up his eyes.
     He lifted his head, and his posture immediately changed.  He went from sleepy mode to attack mode.  "Yes Torro!  Get it, kill it!  Torro jumped at the spider, which was by now hanging off my sock.
     Torro, had it in his mouth.  It was hanging out of his mouth.  I was cringing.  Torro spit the spider out of his mouth right on the floor in front of the chair I was standing on.  "Eeww!"  It was pretty mangled.  It looked like one of his hair balls that he occasionally coughs up.  In fact, it looked exactly like...a hair ball.  A big, dark hair ball.
     At that point, I realized the spider that had been chasing me, jumping when I jumped, as well as lunged at me, wasn't a spider at all.  It was a clump of hair...my hair.  "Ooohh..."
     Instead of throwing the hair clump in  the garbage pail, I must have missed.  Upon further inspection, I had a long blonde hair stuck to my sock.  It obviously had attatched itself to the clump of hair from my hairbrush.   So, everytime I moved, it moved, scaring the ever loving stuffing out of me.
     So, down off of the chair I climbed.   Torro, was once again sleeping.  In the past, he had terrorized me with rodents and a bat, but this time, he jumped to my aid.  It was a comforting thought.  I pat his head, and thanked him.
     I still had a difficult time picking up the clump of hair.  A spider is a spider, real, imaginary, or a clump of hair that looks like a spider.

Comments

Popular Posts