Robins, Ushering In New Beginnings

     I have had an awful day, and it's only half way through.  I feel like I have been running, and I can't catch my breath.  I feel totally overwhelmed by circumstances beyond my control.
      Our grandchildren are back living with us again.  I love them more than life itself, but it's stressful raising young children when you are 52.  I am on full time mommy duty.  The fun grandma is on the bottom shelf for the moment.
      The children, are thrilled for the moment, because grandma's house is always an adventure.  I'm not sure if the novelty will wear off when grandma has to be mommy and all that comes with it.
      This morning as I was picking up cushions off the floor, for the tenth time.  The sun was shining through the front windows for the first time in a few days.  I pulled the sheers open to look.  The sun was shining, and the snow, as much as I'm sick of looking at it, was sparkling like brilliant diamonds.  It was beautiful.  I just stood there, soaking in the gorgeous view.   A Robin flew down, onto the frozen landscape, no doubt enjoying it's beauty as well.
     My breath caught in my throat.  It was the middle of March, freezing cold, and I had just seen my first Robin of the year.
     For me, seeing my first Robin is a big deal.  It represents spring, new life, warmth, and lots of fresh air.  My grandchildren and I will be able to go outside and enjoy the outdoors, the park, their sandbox, walks, and everything the outdoors has to offer.
     My spirit was already being lifted.  My breathing seemed easier too.  This Robin, was the promise of spring and new things, like my grandchildren living with us for one.
     This spring, is promising to be full of lots of new adventures for my family.  I, for one, am looking forward to the whole thing...giggling, kisses, bath time fun, cuddling with some good adventure books and lots and lots of "I love you!"
     Spring is just around the corner, the snow will eventually be gone, the spring bulbs will be erupting through the ground, and Easter, is fast approaching.  It's a season of new grass, new flowers, warm breezes, and new beginnings.
      If, on your travels, you see an out of breath grandma, chasing two rambunctious children, it could be me.  Be sure to stop and say "Hello!"
 

Comments

Popular Posts