Dear Busy World, Leave Me Alone, I'm Busy Playing!

     My life these days, are not exactly like I had planned.  Actually, not at all.
     My spring plans included a job for me.  My husband and I have a taste of the wanderlust, which requires money, money from a job...my job.  These plans are on hold, for how long is unknown right now.
    My days are full of chasing an energetic toddler, taking him potty, going for walks, playing, and singing, all before noon.  I read children's books instead of novels, I oversee arts and crafts, instead of creating my own, I am no longer me, I am now we.  
     The romantic long weekends my husband and I are used to enjoying during the summer will now be filled with the pitter patter of little feet, early nights, and earlier mornings.  Our T-bone steak and baked potato barbecues will be replaced with Kraft Dinner and weiners,  gourmet fare for any kid under the age of eight.
     Our summer weekends will be filled with sandboxes, wading pools, and walks to the park.  It will be filled with the wonder that only a child has.  We will see the world through their eyes.  A world where blowing bubbles is great fun, but popping them is even better.  A world of excitement, laughter, and new adventures, yet to be explored.  And when you think about it, how great is that?  Life was simpler when we were kids.  Why?  Because we only had to lift a rock and watch the bugs skittering away, or build a fort out of every available blanket, and get to sleep in it!  A summer full of bare feet, running through the lawn sprinkler and eating watermelon outside...then spitting the seeds at each other.  Those were the days of awe, for me at least.  These, are summer milestones every child needs to experience, milestones, every adult seems to have given up.
     Yes, our life is very different these days, and promises to be.  Having little ones living with you, requires unbelievable amounts of energy and time to be devoted to them.  It's a busy time for sure.  Full of adventure and lots of love.


My grandchildren with bubble beards.

My granddaughter after a hard day of school. 
My grandson after a busy morning with grandma.

Comments

Popular Posts