Broken

      One of the hardest things for a mother is to watch your child be hurt.  It's a horrible feeling, being helpless.
     I have been feeling helpless a lot lately.   My daughter, has someone in her life, who is sucking the very soul right out of her, and she is letting him.  He is a gifted manipulator...with her.  To the rest of us, we can see right through his slew of lies, and self righteous pity.
     My daughter, has had her share of issues in the past, but we never doubted her love or dedication to her children.  Now, she is  confused, and emotionally tangled up.   She is blind to what's in front of her, heartache.
She refuses to believe her new found love is anything other than what she believes him to be.  The truth is, he's a narcissistic, pious, manipulative snake.
     Everyone in my daughter's circle, family, friends can all see it.  She, however refuses to acknowledge what we know to be true.  She does however, want us to listen to her feelings.  It's a crazy round and round vicious circle.  It gets nobody anywhere, except exhausted and frustrated.
     My heart is breaking.  Breaking for what the future holds for my daughter, and grandchildren.  Breaking for the life my husband and I planned for and worked very hard to have, but now it's all changed.  Breaking for the daughter I thought I had.
     I am as lost as I was when my parents died.  I feel just as heartbroken.  For the first time in my life, I don't see anything positive.
     Trees bend, elastics stretch, but both have a breaking point.   I'm not sure what my breaking point is.  I have felt in the past that I was close, but I always bounced back.
      My children were, and are still my life, my joy, my life breath.  My grandchildren too.   My husband and I have always sacrificed for them, and we will continue to, until our last breath.
     My prayer and hope is that all mothers, and fathers will take responsibility for their children.   Not because they have to, but because they want to.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts