Spring Has Sprung!

     Today is the first day of Spring.  Typically, in our area of the world, the first day of spring is cold, snowy, or stormy.  Today, where I live, it is zero degrees, with light snow.  Not spring like at all.
     However, warmer temperatures will soon arrive, and with it, an array of blossoming spring bulbs, and lots and lots of tiny buds bringing forth new green leaves on the trees.  Robins will be singing, and laying their pretty blue eggs.
      Even though this winter wasn't a harsh one as far as extremely cold temperatures, or an over abundance of snow, it seemed long, harsh and extreme non the less.
     Our cruise, started the Winter season.  I wish, it could have precipitated the same type of atmosphere for the remainder of the season.  Unfortunately, from the moment we disembarked, to yesterday, our winter wasn't full of the the relaxing, fun filled days we had hoped.  They were full of adventure, but more like white water rafting with a blind fold.
     Spring is officially here, and I have no thoughts or hopes of what it may bring.  My husband and I are raising our two grandchildren, which believe me, is plenty of excitement.  If I could only lasso some of their energy!
     My granddaughter went back to school this morning, after a week long March Break.  She was anxious to go back to school to see her friends.  Yesterday, she asked me if I could curl her hair.  Smiling, I assured her I could.  Twenty minutes later, and six rollers later, she was well on her way to wave nirvana.
     Before she went to bed, we took the rollers out, and she was jumping around like a Mexican Jumping Bean.  However, upon waking, the springy ringlets that accompanied her to bed were reduced to a stretched out slinky.  Oh the drama.
       Luckily, I have over thirty years experience in coaxing curl into the hair.  A bit of flocker, some crunching, and her hair marveled an eighties video queen.  She was thrilled.
     My grandson, has been in Lego land, all morning.  Snapping blocks together, then smashing them a few minutes later.  He is a miniature Godzilla, tromping through the cities, growling.
     If someone asked me six months ago what my 2017 Winter and Spring season was going to be, I wouldn't have ever said I would be raising young children again.  But, I am, this is now my new life.  It's different, yes, busy, definitely, exhausting, without a doubt, full of giggles, kisses, hugs and extra love, more than I could have ever hoped or imagined.
     I have a plaque hanging in my foyer, I bought it last fall.  It says...
I'm sure trying!

   
   

Comments

Popular Posts