Thursday's Child

     This morning has been a busy one.  I had a visit from my friend Lisa, shortly after 8.  We enjoyed a cup of tea and a few laughs as we visited.
     I had an appointment with an adorable little two year old, at 10:30.  I couldn't wait to see my grandson and spend the day with him.  While we were downtown, I parked my car so we could get out and explore.  Seeing things through the eyes of a little one is always the best.
     We were at Victoria Park, exploring our surroundings.  My grandson was greeted by two fluffy Burmese Mountain dogs.  He was rewared with wet kisses and enthusiastic barks.  My grandson giggled and curled up his little nose.
     After the dogs continued on, we saw two cannons on the northwest corner of the park.  My grandson, wasn't too particularly impressed with them, once he realized he wasn't allowed to climb them.
     The wind caught some leaves and began blowing them, which of course captured my little boy's attention.   We chased them around until the wind was finished with them.  Crows were screeching their "caw" sounds in a neighboring tree.  My grandson was greatly amused by them.  He stood and "cawed" right back at them, laughing and stomping his little feet.
     The cenotaph caught his attention next.  Up the stairs he climbed, examining all the names.  I almost think he could sense the solemnity of it all.  He sat very quietly and then put his finger to his mouth as he "Ssshhhed."
     We ventured along and found a little ball.  That was immediately confiscated.  We then ran around the baseball diamond as he threw and kicked his new found toy.  He was having a wonderful time.  The ball landed by a little stick, which he picked up and began swinging at the ball.  He was then in hockey mode, hitting the ball and yelling "Score!"
     After forty five minutes, I was getting cold, and my grandson's little cheeks were red.  I had a real fight on my hands as I tried to persuade him to walk back to the car.   He was not a happy little boy with the prospect of being buckled into his car seat.
     We arrived back home, and all was forgotten.  Stick in hand, we walked into my house.  My living room is now filled with toys and fun.  Giggles are plentiful, as is joy.
      Thursday has been a busy, fun day, and it's only noon.  I hope your day is filled with as much fun and excitement as mine!



On the steps of the cenotaph 

Fun with a ball and a stick

Grandma and Papa's inside playground 

Comments

Popular Posts