Putting The "Pee" In Potty Training

     Ah the joys of potty training.  Accidents are expected of course.  This morning, my grandson, announced to me he had to pee.  I rushed him to the bathroom, and pulled his pants off.
      As he sat upon his throne, he grabbed some toilet paper, scrunched it up, and pushed it under his nose.  He wrinkled up his nose, and made a honking noise, he then threw the toilet paper into the toilet, telling me he was "All done."  I stood him on the floor, where upon he relieved himself on the base of my toilet.  He turned and looked at me clapping his hands, a big grin on his face, yelling "Yey!"
     I couldn't get mad at him, he did pee in the direction of the toilet.   Even though he missed inside the bowl.  It had to be cleaned, so I grabbed the mop and bucket.   My grandson was watching, and decided mopping the bathroom floor looked like great fun.  Oh to be two.
     We scrubbed the toilet, floor and all around it.  My grandson was making the funniest faces saying "Eeww!"  I couldn't agree more I thought.   The toilet and surrounding floor got an inpromptu cleaning.
     My morning continued on with normal chores.  Laundry, chase my grandson, dishes, chase my grandson, feed the cats,  take the catfood out of my grandson's mouth.   We were busy.
      I was busy folding laundry, and my grandson was playing in his room.  He came out to the living room, he wasn't wearing any pants.  I looked at him and asked where his pants were.  He pointed towards his room.  Jumping up, I took him by the hand as we walked in the direction of his room.  He was jabbering away in his own language, but he threw in a familiar word...poop.
     I stopped dead in my tacks, turned around and looked at my grandson, standing half naked in my hallway.   "Did you poop?"  I asked.  He shook his head yes and said 'No"  I peeked around the corner, and saw his pants in a little heap beside the book shelf.  I could smell something offensive.   My grandson bent down pointing at his pants and gabbered "Oh oh."  Sure enough, he had indeed pooped.  Luckily, it was inside his training pants, in one smelly little package.    This could be a long day.
     Potty training, it's full of accidents, thrills and little victories.   One "pee" at a time



Comments

Popular Posts